Abortion is a serious medical procedure. If you’re unexpectedly pregnant and considering this option, it’s highly advised that you get all the facts and safeguard your health before making a decision.
Our team at Women’s Resource Center is ready to assist you with no-cost pregnancy services and to discuss your options. Contact us today to get started. Or continue reading to learn more about why you should talk to us.
Confirming Your Pregnancy
While you may have taken an at-home pregnancy test, this is not enough to confirm your pregnancy. For one, at-home tests may be reliable, but it is possible to get a false positive.
At Women’s Resource Center, you can get a lab-quality pregnancy test to double-check your results.
Still, a test only provides you with the basic knowledge of your possible pregnancy and doesn’t confirm key details you want to know. Here are a few essential pieces of information you need to unlock:
- Age: You’ll need to know how far along you are to know if you qualify for the abortion pill or a surgical abortion.
- Location: Sometimes, the embryo implants outside the uterus in a life-threatening condition known as ectopic pregnancy, which needs immediate medical intervention.
- Viability: Checking the viability will detect if you’ve had a miscarriage, which occurs in about 26% of pregnancies.
The way to access this information is through an ultrasound scan. This scan is vital because an abortion would not be the right procedure for an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. You can get an ultrasound at Women’s Resource Center.
Knowing The Risks
Every medical procedure involves risks. Abortion is no different. Our team is here to provide you with all the facts and details you’ll want to know before scheduling an abortion procedure.
The abortion pill risks include:
- Incomplete abortion, which is when parts of the terminated pregnancy remain in the uterus
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
If you’re over 10 weeks gestation, you would need a surgical abortion, which has further complications involved, such as infection, perforation of the uterus, uterine scarring, and cervical damage that can increase your chances for future miscarriages and infertility.
Women’s Resource Center can tell you about the differences between the abortion pill and a surgical abortion, as well as the side effects and risks involved in each.
Talk To Us
An abortion can cause serious physical and psychological trauma. Your best weapon against this is arming yourself with as much knowledge as you can before you seek an abortion. Let our expert team assist you in safeguarding your health.
Get a no-cost and confidential appointment with us at Women’s Resource Center. Schedule an appointment here.